Summoning allows players to receive additional Servants, Craft Essences, Experience Cards, and Status Up Cards. There are two primary types of summoning: Saint Quartz summoning and Friend Point summoning.
Saint Quartz Summoning
Saint Quartz summoning is used to obtain Servants and Craft Essences with a 3-5★ rarity for either 3 Saint Quartz or a Summon Ticket per individual summon, or 30 Saint Quartz for 10 at a time. When performing a 10x summon, you are guaranteed to summon at least one 3+★ Servant and one 4+★ Servant or Craft Essence. You cannot perform a 10x with Summon Tickets; you cannot spend Quartz on an individual summon if you own any Summon Tickets. Sometimes when a 4-5★ Servant is summoned, the summoning animation's ring of spheres will spark gold (which denotes a guaranteed 4★ OR 5★) or rainbow (guaranteed 5★).
Friend Points Summoning
Friend Points summoning is used to obtain Servants and Craft Essences with a 1-3★ rarity for either 200 Friend Points per individual summon, or 2,000 Friend Points for 10 at a time. Note that not all 3★ Servants are available in the Friend Point Summoning Pool; servants that are locked until you finish a story chapter are only available in the Saint Quartz Summoning Pools. Examples include; Gilles de Rais (Caster) and Bedivere.
SSR Summoning Rates projection: 
Based on the claimed rate of 1% chance to obtain an SSR.
The story banner pool consists of only permanently-available Servants and Craft Essences. Unless a card is made permanent, it cannot be summoned from this banner. Some Servants are only available after completing main story chapters.
- Altria Pendragon (Alter) & Cu Chulainn (Caster) (Fuyuki)
- Gilles de Rais (Caster) (Orléans)
- Nero Claudius (Septem)
- Medea (Lily) (Okeanos)
- Nikola Tesla & Altria Pendragon (Lancer Alter) (London)
- Li Shuwen (Lancer), Medb, Thomas Edison & Cu Chulainn (Alter) (E Pluribus Unum)
- Gawain, Bedivere, Tristan & Altria Pendragon (Lancer) (Camelot)
- Jaguar Man, Quetzalcoatl & Gorgon (Babylonia)
- Emiya (Alter) (Shinjuku)
- Rider of the Resistance (Agartha)
Here is the probability of summoning each rarity of Servant and Craft Essence using Summon Tickets and Saint Quartz:
Additional banners for Saint Quartz are available for a limited time during events and promotions. For each of these banners, the Servants and Craft Essences available may be different. To check the list of cards in the current summoning pool, tap the Summon Info (召喚詳細) button in the lower left. Limited banners may allow you to summon Servants without yet having completed their story chapters. However, for any story-unlocked Servants not featured in the rate-up, they cannot be summoned from limited banners.
Limited banners usually offer a rate up for a specified number of Servants and Craft Essences. The chance of summoning a 5★ Servant is still 1%, but, if you were to summon a 5★, there is a higher chance it will be a rate-up Servant (approximately 70% chance for a rate-up Servant vs. 30% chance for a normal Servant based on empirical findings).
Some Servants can only be summoned on limited banners. These Servants are commonly known as "Limited Servants." While there are no plans for them to be permanently added to the summoning pool, they may appear again on limited banners in the future.
|List of Limited Servants|
Sometimes, Servants are released before their main story location has been released. These Servants are temporarily considered "limited Servants," but are added to the permanent summoning pool later.
Some limited summoning campaigns such as the Guaranteed 5★ Summoning require the use of paid Saint Quartz. Before accepting a Saint Quartz summoning, the amount of paid Saint Quartz is denoted to the left of the amount of regular/free Saint Quartz.
Friend Point Summoning
Friend Point summoning can summon any non-limited card 3★ or lower. Prior to the 7M Downloads Campaign update in the Japanese version, players only got 1 free FP summon per day. Now, players get a free 10x FP summon each day (resets at 00:00 UTC (EN) and 00:00 JST (JP)). Normal FP summons cost 200 FP, or 2000 FP for 10 at a time. During events and promotions, some limited cards are included in the FP summoning pool. Currently, FP summoning is the only way to obtain Angra Mainyu (JP).
After the tutorial, there is a forced Saint Quartz summoning. All players are guaranteed to get at least one 4★ Servant from below table and at least one 4★ Craft Essence.
NOTE: You will NOT be able to obtain a 5★ servant from the Tutorial Summoning.
|Starter 4★ Servants|
|Siegfried||Chevalier d'Eon||Emiya||Elisabeth Báthory|
|Marie Antoinette||Saint Martha||Stheno||Carmilla|
- For Saint Quartz summoning, the chance to summon 3★ Servants and 3★ Craft Essences is currently equally 40%. In the Japanese version, prior to the release of Okeanos, the chance of summoning 3★ Craft Essences was much higher than that of 3★ Servants.
- Starter Summoning was introduced in the Japanese version with the release of E Pluribus Unum. Before, the tutorial summon only guaranteed a 3★ Servant.
- Prior to the game's 1st Anniversary in the Japanese version, it cost 4 Saint Quartz for one premium summon.