The Demonic Capital Rashomon
|Requirement:||Clear E Pluribus Unum|
|Event Duration (EN):|
07:00 UTC, May 16, 201800:00 PDT, May 16, 2018-
03:59 UTC, May 31, 201820:59 PDT, May 30, 2018(Site)
|Event Duration (JP):|
19:00 UTC, May 30, 201604:00 JST, May 31, 2016-
04:59 UTC, June 15, 201613:59 JST, June 15, 2016(Site)
|Displayed time is based on your local machine's time.|
Rashomon is a Collection, Mission, and Raid event that takes place during Japan's Heian era. All Masters will have to work together to defeat Ibaraki-Douji. Use the event resource Battle Points (BP) to fight Ibaraki-Douji and earn Damage Points. 1 BP regenerates every 60 minutes to a maximum of 8 BP.
Rashomon is a challenging event compared to most of the previous events to date. The mechanics of the Ibaraki-Douji fight need to be considered somewhat carefully, especially if you do not have some of the high-powered 5★ Servants available.
- General Tips
- You really want to have your Servants at max level, max ascension. It is important to have the maximum available HP and ATK in order to defeat Ibaraki faster, or survive her attacks until you can defeat her.
- Likewise, relevant skills should be leveled up to provide better effects, or to have shorter cooldowns. All skills shave off 1 turn from their cooldowns at levels 6 and 10.
- If you want to challenge a harder difficulty but are not 100% confident in your ability to succeed, this is one of the first events where a good tank Servant can be very important. Ibaraki's NP is almost guaranteed to kill whichever Servant it hits, so having a taunt available to save your primary damage dealer can be the difference between victory and defeat.
- Speaking of Ibaraki's NP, Servants that can reduce enemy NP gauges are also very valuable if you just need a few extra turns to get her down.
- 1 BP - 300k HP
- 300k HP isn't very much, and she's a Berserker, so almost anyone should be able to clear it without trouble.
- Honestly, it's probably not even worth doing this difficulty due to how easy it is to clear 2 BP.
- 2 BP - 1M HP
- Most people will be farming this version since it can easily be done with full drop boost CEs.
- Since Ibaraki is a Berserker, there are many Servants with good single-target NPs that can easily one-shot her, or put her very close to death, given offensive buffs and a The Wandering Tales of Shana-oh equipped.
- If you do not have one of these Servants, bringing a friend's support is usually sufficient to clear 2 BP.
- There are many event Servants with powerful AOE NPs (due to the fact that they are probably at NP5) that can deal with the hands to pave the way for your damage dealer to clean them up and take out Ibaraki: Elisabeth Báthory (Halloween), Oda Nobunaga, Altria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
- If you are hesitant about your chances, equip some Golden Captures the Carp to boost your party's damage.
- Take as long as possible to clear the first floor in order to build up NPs.
- On Ibaraki's floor, reduce the hands' HP while building up NPs again.
- Once the right hand is ready to NP, use all your relevant buffs and go off with your NPs - this should hopefully either win the day or out everything at low enough health that you just need to clean up in the next couple turns.
- Once you get a sense of your margin for error, you can adjust which Servants you bring to make this go more smoothly, or bring more drop boost CEs.
- You cannot use Command Spells to revive from being defeated by Ibaraki; you can still use single Command Spells to restore HP or charge NPs.
- 3 BP - 6M HP
- In order to earn all the damage point rewards, you will have to use all rice balls and complete ~10-15 3-BP raids in additional to spending all possible BP from natural regeneration.
- Without a specialized setup, you will probably have to build up NPs multiple times in order to eat through Ibaraki's health pool, so expect to receive at least 1 or 2 of her NPs.
- Ibaraki's NP will dispel all buffs after having done damage. This means that buffs like Evasion and Invincibility will prevent the damage, but that Servant will lose that buff after the NP completes. This also means that Guts will not have an opportunity to revive your Servant, since it is dispelled. The sole exception is an undispellable Guts buff like Castle of Snow.
- The basic approach is to bring a primary damage dealer (same candidates from above), a couple supports, and 1 or 2 taunts, then slowly deal damage to Ibaraki while managing her NP with taunts. Equip as many Golden Captures the Carp as possible.
- An alternate strategy uses the Chaldea Combat Uniform's Order Change to "stack" buffs and give a Servant a few super-buffed turns.
- Basically, put the damage dealer and your buffers in the front row. On the first turn, use all your buffs on that Servant, then use Order Change to move it to the back.
- Spend as many turns as possible on the Drunken Citizens, then do your best to survive without losing your supports until Order Change is ready again.
- Move your damage dealer back to the front row, buff it up again, and proceed to go to town on Ibaraki.
- This strategy generally requires a Zhuge Liang, since his buffs increase offense and defense while granting 50% NP charge, so doing it at the start of battle and again when you return your Servant to the front row means it can immediately fire a NP.
- Effective support Servants include: Hans Christian Andersen, Tamamo-no-Mae (for Arts NP), Atalante (for Quick NP), William Shakespeare (for Buster NP)
- Mash Kyrielight is the best tank to bring since she takes reduced damage from Ibaraki, has 0 cost (which means it's easier to equip more Golden Captures the Carp, and has all the perfect skills for surviving (party defense, taunt, and invincibility). Other tanks worth considering are Chevalier d'Eon, Georgios, Leonidas I, and Musashibou Benkei.
- For more in-depth explanations about 3 BP strategy, the FGO reddit is a good place to look.
Event Craft Essences
Attack +200% for equipped servant (+300%)
The Wandering Tales of Shana-oh
Increase Quick Card effectiveness of all allies by 20% (1 turn) when defeated (30%)
Attack +50% for whole party (+100%)
Golden Captures the Carp
Gain 15 Critical Stars when you enter battle (1 time) (20)
From Event Summoning Campaign
Drop +3 (+4)
A Fox Night's Dream
Gain 3 Critical Stars each turn (4)
Drop +2 (+3)
Burning Tale of Love
Increase Debuff Rate by 12% (15%)
Drop +1 (+2)
Reciting the Subscription List
Damage Point Rewards
Defeating raid boss Ibaraki-Douji, or lasting 15 turns on her fatal battle stage, awards Damage Points equal to her total HP, or however much damage you dealt to her before she retreated. Defeating Ibaraki-Douji immediately ends the quest, even if there are still Demon Arms remaining. If your party is defeated, any damage dealt and any drops obtained are lost.Rice Ball of Power is an event-limited item that restores 2 BP; Golden Rice Ball restores 8 BP. Just like AP, BP restored with items can exceed the max of 8 BP.
|Item||Amount||Damage Points Required|
|The Wandering Tales of Shana-oh||1||4M|
|Golden Captures the Carp||6||9M, 17M, 30M, 48M, 72M, 100M|
|Rice Ball of Power||17||8M, 25M, 25.82M, 32.2M, 36.16M, 37.48M, 41.88M, 42.76M, 45.4M, 48.61M, 55.93M, 60M, 61.42M, 64.47M, 78.4M, 86.04M, 126M|
|Golden Rice Ball||3||830k, 15.48M, 36.16M|
|Golden Fruit||3||6.4M, 19.94M, 28.76M|
|Summon Ticket||5||12.6M, 23.3M, 38.8M, 77.4M, 120M|
|Crystallized Lore||2||150M, 200M, 300M|
|All Damage Point Rewards|
|Exchange Item||Needed||Trade Limit||Total||Item Type|
|Heart of the Foreign God||80||10||800||Ascension/Skill|
|Tearstone of Blood||60||10||600||Ascension/Skill|
|Hero Crystal - Star Fou||30||20||600||Enhancement|
|Hero Crystal - Sun Fou||30||20||600||Enhancement|
|Blaze of Wisdom||10||100||1000||Enhancement|
|Fire of Wisdom||5||100||500||Enhancement|
Event Craft Essences are also in this pool.